London Bike Kitchen Ltd
Terms & Conditions
The London Bike Kitchen is an open DIY workshop where people can learn to build, repair and maintain their bicycles by using the shop, tools, and advice from experienced staff. Membership is open to any individual who is interested in joining and is £18 for a one year period.
All information collected by The London Bike Kitchen is used to communicate with members and to track use of the shop. All information gathered will be stored in a secure location and digital copies will be stored on a secure remote server. This information will not be shared with any third party unless legal circumstances indicate otherwise or you have provided consent.
The London Bike Kitchen aims to be a safe and respectful environment geared towards education, empowerment and community building. In order to do so we need your input and support.
What we promise you
- Access to tools, stands and workspace
- Access to friendly mechanical assistance and education
- Opportunity to help to build & develop the community’s vision
What we expect from you
- Respect the space
- Replace tools when not using them, so that others can play too. If you don’t know what it is or where it goes, ask!
- Ensure you always leave time to clean up after yourself before finishing in the shop
- Do not force tools, and use them only for their intended use. Otherwise, they will break and we will have to pay for them
- Do Not Steal Stuff……..It’s a non-profit. Come on… who does that?
- Respect Others and Self
- Discrimination such as racism, ableism, ageism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism and classism will not be tolerated
- Ask for help and make the time to help others
- Please let someone know if you witness or experience a situation of disrespect and violation of these guidelines.
* By agreeing to this Waiver, I hereby assume all of the risks of participating and/or volunteering at the London Bike Kitchen, hereinafter referred to as LBK. People under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian agree to the following waiver form. I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained or controlled by them or because of their possible liability without fault. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability form will be used by LBK, sponsors and organizers, in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities during my use of its services. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this program, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
A. Waive, Release and Discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me including my traveling to and from space or using the shop’s bicycle, equipment or other facilities, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: The directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, the event holders, sponsors, volunteers of the LBK;
B. Indemnify and Hold Harmless the entities and persons set forth in (A) above from any and all liabilities and claims arising from my participation at LBK, including my use of a bicycle belonging to LBK, irrespective of whether the cause of the claims or liability arise from the negligence, acts or omissions of me, a third party, or LBK.